2020 Maher Award
Few individuals have impacted the prepaid community as much as Terrence “Terry” P. Maher, a renowned industry expert in the areas of electronic financial services, counsel to the IPA and Partner with the law firm Baird Holm.
In honor of Terry, who passed away on August 12, 2014, the IPA has established the Terrence P. Maher Prepaid Influencer Award that recognizes one individual for his/her dedication and passion in driving the prepaid industry forward. Nominations are solicited from the industry and the criteria for selection are as follows:
- No less than five years working in and/or supporting the advance of the prepaid industry from an innovation, regulation and/or strategy capacity
- A history of professional commitment to advancing the growth of the prepaid industry.
- Demonstrating many of Terry’s positive character traits (i.e., always willing to help the industry even if not directly compensated; responding to competitors when they need a sounding board to talk through issues and ideas; and collaborating with other members of the industry for the common good)
- Nominations are due by Friday, February 28, 2020 at 5pm Eastern
- Individuals can be nominated by others or they can be self-nominated
- Each nomination must be accompanied by a brief overview explaining why the nominee has met or exceeded the above-mentioned selection criteria
- Overviews must not exceed 1,000 words
- The nomination must include the name, email address and phone number of no less than two references, who may be contacted if the nominee’s qualifications are not already well-known to the selection committee members
- Any additional supporting materials may be submitted with the nomination including, but not limited to, video presentations, authored works, and blog posts
- The nominee cannot be an employee or officer of the NBPCA at the time of nomination